Bring the Rain

"In the span of a few minutes, I committed to God that I would stop praying for sunshine and start welcoming whatever made the soil rich. And so, a year later, here I sit. Many of you have asked how I am so strong. The answer is that I am not strong, but my God is, and He is in battle for me. My end of the deal is held up by praising the One who has chosen me to walk this. And I do." (http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/ --beware, another remarkable, tear-jerking experience filled with God's amazing love...I warned you! It's changed me...)

I'm so selfish, asking for the sun and yearning so badly for the Summer to heal my homesick soul. It's not going to happen. No matter what, even if the sun comes out and the Summer is amazing, it's not going to be the same. But it shouldn't be. We chose to be here, to be different, to learn about ourselves. We are learning, albeit difficult. But more than that, we are learning to be comfortable in our own skin...away from where we are "comfortable."

There is so much to see, so much to do, so many countries to visit, and many more blogs to be made...but if it has to be done in the rain, I'm going to do my best to smile. For it's not about the sun or the rain, it's about "whatever makes the soil rich."

0 comments: