Wonton Soup Experiment

Stephen and I decided to try and make Won Ton Soup from scratch last night. I found a recipe off the internet, and did my best to find all the ingredients at our local grocery store. Stephen was extra helpful in making the dinner, which was nice as it took a LONG time to prepare (mainly the pasta). I have to say, though, that it was very easy. The pasta had to sit for a while in the refrigerator, so we were able to multi-task. Anyone who knows Stephen knows he has food/texture issues, so I did my best to tailor the foods to his needs (i.e. HE got to chop/puree the onions) and he obliged. The end result was a great soup...it needs some minor changes, but it was great! Next time the pasta will be a LOT thinner so that the wontons aren't dumplings, and the soup will have a little more "asian" flair, but for the most part, we succeeded. With our extra pork mixture we made some spring rolls. They were also to DIE FOR. We're pretty amazing...eat your heart out Gordon Ramsey!


0 comments: