Christmas Update...Birthday musings
















Well, it's over. I can't believe that Christmas has come and gone. We had a nice, quiet Christmas morning here in Liege. We opened presents and gave Gracie her present (shown above)...a lifesize boyfriend. We then headed over to Pierre-Francios' house for an afternoon lunch. P-F is Stephen's coworker, and he and his wife were gracious enough to host us at their family lunch since we were "all alone." Rosanna, P-F's wife, is full blood Italian, and she and her mom stayed up very late making the pasta and pesto for the delicious lasagna we had to eat. It really was good, even picky Stephen had seconds. They have three children, both P-F's parents and Rosanna's were in attendance, as well as her brother and his wife. It was a packed house, and made our Christmas loud as usual!! Of course we missed our families, but it was a great distraction.

















Hayley (my sister) came in town the next morning, so it has been quite busy ever since. We've traveled to Brussels, Maastricht, and even spent yesterday in Amsterdam. It's so nice to have her around...and it gives me a running buddy! Tomorrow morning we are headed to Paris to spend New Years Eve. I can't wait. I haven't been yet, and I'm so excited to see the city of LIGHTS...even if it's only for 24 hours! Ha! We've had a little drama today...I'll explain in a later post, but all in all my birthday has been fabulous! I can't believe I'm 26, seems old. I know I'm not, but it seems old. It seems like yesterday I was reflecting on my 18th birthday how cool it would be when I'm 25. It's flown by, but I feel great, healthy, and blessed. My sis-in-law Natalie sent me some "Sprinkles" cupcakes to have for my birthday. We definitely enjoyed those with the cannaloni I made. I'm becoming quite the cook these days...so domestic!
















Thank you for all of your prayers in this adventure Stephen and I are on. We truly do feel so blessed to have each of you on our side...it's feeling more peaceful here now--and we thank God for the opportunity and the experience. Here's wishing you and yours a blessed, peaceful and healthy 2008. I'll post Paris debauchery as soon as I have them!

0 comments: