Fashion forward?

When I was 16 I worked at Tommy Hilfiger at the Galleria in Dallas. I had to wear all the preppy clothes and deal with really ridiculous people who just wanted the "label." Case in point: We would wrap all purchases in tissue paper and then seal it with a "Tommy" sticker...well they would BEG for a roll of the stickers. Strange. I digress...

This morning I woke up and it WASN'T RAINING. Do you hear the "hallelujah?" So I decided to forego the living room work out and go for a run. I hadn't eaten breakfast, and this bit of information would be completely asinine if it weren't that I was about 100 feet behind a woman 10-minutes into the run that was wearing copious amounts of "Tommy Girl," and I really felt like if I had eaten I would have chucked right there on the street.

Without warning I was right back in that little store in the Galleria. Busy Saturdays with at least 500 "trial sprays" of Tommy Girl from obnoxious groups of teenage girls on the prowl. I guess this is all to say that not all Europeans are "fashion forward."


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

a) That is funny and b) you could be pregnant if you smelled her perfume that strongly :-) I can smell someone peel a banana from a hundred yards away.

Catherine Wagner said...

Wow... just catching up on your blog and read this Tommy post. I remember when you worked there! I worked at the Galleria Gap and we would meet for lunch!!! I thought you made SO much money and was also lucky/smart enough not to spend your entire paycheck at your place of work. Shout out to the Gap. Miss you guys!